October 20, 2015

Will’s 23rd Birthday



Last week was a great one. Aside from my TWO medical school acceptances (more on that later), William turned 23 on Saturday. We left for San Diego on Saturday afternoon because his older brother Mark got us our own hotel room four rooms down from his and his girlfriend’s room. On our way to San Diego, Will told me to call Mark to update him on our ETA. He said, “Get used to talking to him. He’s your future brother-in-law.” Now Will and I have talked about marriage a lot but for some reason, this took my by surprise and I was so happy he said that. It seemed to solidify our plans to spend the rest of our lives together. Anyway when we got to the hotel, I was in awe. It was so fancy! It was decorated French Victorian style and there was gold and red everywhere. It was gorgeous. After getting settled in, we got dressed and went out to dinner. The city was beautiful. Will and I agreed that San Diego would be an ideal place to live and raise our family (unless of course we find a better location).
Saturday was great but Sunday was the day of the real event. Will and I met Mark downstairs and Mark pulled out an engagement ring! Turns out the entire weekend was planned only to propose to his girlfriend Barbara (sorry Will, this weekend wasn’t about you). We had a buffet brunch and I got to meet more members of Will’s family, the most important being his grandpa. He was an amazing man and Will’s idol. I was so honored to finally meet him. Their uncle Peter was also nice to talk to. He asked so many questions and actually really wanted to get to know me. I got to meet young Oliver, Barbara’s grandson and one of the cutest little boys I’ve ever met.



When brunch ended, Mark gathered everyone to take a picture and on cue, Will called Barbara’s name so she turned to face him. When she turned back around, Mark was on his knees with the beautiful ring. He asked her to be his wife and she said yes :) It was an amazing moment and I’m so happy I got to be there for the proposal.
The weekend was filled with so much more, too much for a single blog post. I’m just so blessed to have been a part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment